Traditional Learning Academy is currently recruiting Educational Assistants: Our mission is to partner with parents and students to foster quality learning at home. This is an excellent opportunity where you will work one on one with TLA students.
As an Educational Assistant you will be part of a talented multidisciplinary team working with children, families and school teams. The needs of our students range from requiring academic and organizational support, to community support while working on transition goals. The selected candidate will provide support at the Surrey location.
- A certificate from a recognized post-secondary college such as a Special Education Teaching Assistant or equivalent post-secondary studies.
- Strong written and oral English communication skills.
- Must be computer literate and knowledgeable about Gmail and using Google documents.
- A valid Ministry of Justice criminal record check is required as part of the hiring process.
- Applicants must be dedicated to children, committed to learning new skills, and interested in making a difference!
Applicants should send a resume via email to the attention of Alison Wiebe, firstname.lastname@example.org. The resume should detail education and work experience and include a cover letter, copy of certificate, and two references from previous employers.
TLA Online is seeking a teacher with experience and a passion for teaching in the elementary level in a blended, inquiry based environment. The position involves one to two days per week of classroom teaching with an elementary aged class.
Potential candidates must:
- Be a committed Christian
- Be a BC certified Teacher
Experience working or learning in an inquiry based and online environment is an asset but not a requirement.
Working with students and parents online and face to face to ensure they meet the BC learning standards. Teachers may build on existing material used in these classes during the current school year.
Salary and benefits are competitive with other BC Independent schools.
Job Type: Part-time
Please send a cover letter and statement of faith along with your resume to email@example.com.