Traditional Learning Academy is currently recruiting Educational Assistants: Our mission is to partner with parents and students to foster quality learning at home. This is an excellent opportunity where you will work one on one with TLA students.
As an Educational Assistant you will be part of a talented multidisciplinary team working with children, families and school teams. The needs of our students range from requiring academic and organizational support, to community support while working on transition goals. The selected candidate will provide support at the Surrey location.
This position is for December – June, 2016-17 and the hourly wage is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
A certificate from a recognized post-secondary college such as a Special Education Teaching Assistant or equivalent post-secondary studies
Strong written and oral English communication skills.
Must be computer literate and knowledgeable about Google email and using Google documents.
A valid Ministry of Justice criminal record check is required as part of the hiring process.
First Aid & level-C CPR is encouraged
Applicants must be dedicated to children, committed to learning new skills, and interested in making a difference!
Applicants should send a resume via email to the attention of Lindsay Sanderson, Director of Learning Support Services, TLA (email@example.com). The resume should detail education and work experience and include a cover letter, copy of certificate and two references from previous employers.
TLA Online is accepting applications for a Learning Support Services (LSS) Teacher. This position will commence in immediately.
Potential candidates must:
- Be a committed Christian
- Be a BC certified Teacher
- Have a background in special needs, specifically in servicing students with mental health and behavioural challenges.
LSS Teacher responsibilities include:
- Working and communicating with families, LSS vice principal, educational assistants, community support professionals, and administrative staff to ensure implementation of programs for K-12 student with special education designation
- Maintaining knowledge and access to resources, services, and strategies to
- assist students with special needs, as well as the new BC curriculum
- Monitoring and evaluating student progress based on individualized goals and objectives on IEP and student learning plans
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and statement of faith to Gabriel Linder firstname.lastname@example.org