Thank you for your consideration in applying to TLA for one of the employment opportunities below.
Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and statement of faith by e-mail to email@example.com or fill out our Employment Form below.
Learning Support Services (LSS) Teacher
TLA Online is accepting applications for a Learning Support Services (LSS) Teacher. This position will commence in September 2016.
Potential candidates must:
- Be a committed Christian
- Be a BC certified Teacher
- Have a background in special needs, specifically in servicing students with mental health and behavioural challenges.
LSS Teacher responsibilities include:
- Working and communicating with families, LSS vice principal, educational assistants, community support professionals, and administrative staff to ensure implementation of programs for K-12 student with special education designation
- Maintaining knowledge and access to resources, services, and strategies to
assist students with special needs, as well as the new BC curriculum
- Monitoring and evaluating student progress based on individualized goals and objectives on IEP and student learning plans
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and statement of faith via the form below.
For inquiries, please check out our website www.schoolathome.ca or contact Lindsay Sanderson (K-9 LSS Vice Principal) and Joanne Bueno (10-12 LSS Vice Principal) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Home Teacher, All BC Regions, K-Grade 9
Home Teacher for all BC regions (willing and able to serve families knowledgeably in the Distributed Learning environment.)
- BC Certified Teacher
- Willing to work with students and their families for grade Kindergarten to Grade 9;
- Willingness to learn new approaches and philosophies of education;
- Technological proficiency; and
- Eagerness to work in community with parents, students, and a large team of teachers.
Online High School Teacher - Generalist
TLA Online’s enrolment has been increasing every year, and this year even more than anticipated, creating the need for an online teacher who can take on overflow in multiple subject areas.
-Experience in or willingness to learn and teach elective subject like Foods, Textiles, Planning, and PE a requirement.
-Experience in other academic subject areas like Math, Science, Social Studies or English an asset.
-Preference for teachers with online teaching experience, but not a requirement.
-Willingness to learn new systems and comfort with technology a must – i.e. Moodle, Google Drive tools, virtual meeting spaces, etc.
Salary based on experience level. Salary and benefits are competitive with other B.C. independent schools.
Learning Assistance Coordinator
The Learning Assistance Coordinator position involves working with K-9 students, and is a temporary parental leave cover. There is a strong likelihood that there would be a continuing position available at TLA after the parental leave coverage is over. Position starts September 15 (or sooner if able), for 17 weeks of coverage. The full-time position requires only one-two days per week on site.
The successful applicant will:
• be a BC Certified Teacher
• have an affinity for home schooling families
• have strong computer skills (eg. Word, Excel, google docs, google sites, Moodle)
• have strong administrative skills (eg. reporting, budgeting)
• able to read and understand psycho-educational assessments and medical reports
• have experience writing individual education plans
• be familiar with the supports, strategies, and resources needed to design effective individualized education programs for special needs students (K-12)