When the fire alarm sounds, all students must follow the teacher’s instructions.
1. Students file out of the class following the teacher to the nearest accessible exit. Personal belongings are not to be collected.
2. The last student must close the classroom door upon exit.
3. A silent and orderly exit is required so that instructions can be heard.
4. Once outside, students assemble in the designated area standing clear of the building.
5. Attendance will be taken outside and reported to the Innovations teacher.
6. No one is to re-enter the building until instructed to do so.
At the first sign of motion, the following procedures must be followed:
1. Seek shelter under desks or tables.
2. Keep your back to the windows, avoiding glass and shelves.
3. Cover the back of your neck with your hands or a book.
4. Remain under cover and hold in position during the quake. Count out loud to 60.
5. The classroom teacher will assess the area prior to giving evacuation instructions.
6. After the exit route has been checked, students will follow instructions to evacuate the building, taking with them their Emergency Supplies.
7. Assemble outside on the designated area, remaining with your class at all times.
8. Attendance will be taken outside and reported to the Innovations teacher.
9. Do not enter the building until instructed by a supervisor.